Zuppa Tuscana used to be one of my favorite soups when I ate at Olive Garden. The subtle spiciness, the acid, and creaminess helped satisfy several taste bud cravings. Now that I am on a low carb diet, I’ve decided to make a version of this recipe.
What you’ll need:
1lb of Italian Sausage
2 Cloves of Garlic
4 Cups of Kale
4 Cups of Chopped Cauliflower
½ Cup of Cream (may substitute for milk)
48 oz Chicken Broth
¼ Cup of white whine
Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Pepper to taste
1. Fry/Brown your Italian Sausage.
- If adding Red Pepper Flakes to give additional kick, I add them during this process
2. Drain fat from Italian Sausage Mixture
3. Add minced garlic and sauté a minute or two
4. Add white wine and simmer for a minute or two
5. Add Chicken Broth- bring to boil
6. Add your Cauliflower and Kale- simmer until cauliflower is tender
7. Add Cream- Serve
Serve with side of Parmesan if desired.
9 net Carbs
416 Calories/8 oz. Serving
28g Total Fat